About Me

Thursday, April 26, 2007

going abroad

as kayla likes to say... today we are going abroad :) to malaysia that is and before we go im taking a little break from the heat in the aircon of the internet cafe.

So I have settled in to this hill town of Ubud. It really feels like home, and I guess will be for another few months. Today though I have the smallest hint of homesickness which is a first since I left San Fran. I think its mostly for my bed and maybe some blue bottle coffee. and of course my sister, and my mom, and phone calls to my girls :) Although I do have a phone here now. As well as a motorbike, and i'm secretly starting to play guitar again which always makes me feel like im 16 hanging out in howard park :)

I want to post pictures, but everytime I come here I forget my camera and whenever Im at Flava I can only be online for about a minute before I get distracted. So Flava by the way is Noel's restaurant which is absolutely beautiful. The food is delicious and the smoothies amazing and you drink tequila with powdered coffee on the lime. yum. more beautiful than the lounge however is his wife who is my new favorite. Wine!!!! (yes wine im writing about you!). They are having a baby next month (maybe sooner?) and the belly is so cute... i like to kiss it and put my cold beer on it when its hot outside... hee hee. On earth day we painted it like an earth... however wine doesnt actually look pregnant in the normal sense as she's 8 months preggers and still looks like a model... a model who likes to nest :) for those of you who know noel... he could not have found a better partner... and noel's hair is long by the way which is oh so cute and sort of hilarious :) pictures will be forthcoming. ill include one of the bright green car as well.
for those of you on my charades team ive moved on to backgammon, and for those of you still in india ill be back for a week before i go home. san fran peeps: im only coming home for 4 days so you best be ready to have a good time :) im bringing some peeps back with me too and theyre actually not from fairfield. i know... shocking. i say home although i guess i dont really live there anymore but we can pretend for a few days :) Ill be in Chicago for a few days and then to Peru. pretty bad eh?

by the way... ive turned brown and sometimes when i catch my reflection i dont know its me... its really funny since im usually so white to be this dark. maybe ill get a wrinkle now that im getting older. shit :) although all the kids in my english class think im about 12. we drew pictures the other day to practice describing words and every kid wrote something about my hair :) i want to cut out all the pictures of me and make a little album... this might sounds weird that i want an album of my many portraits but if you saw how they depicted my hair you may want a copy for yourself. i love teaching them... one group is 14-25 and the other group 7-9 and they are teaching me indonesian and i get to write on a board with brightly colored markers. I finally gave away my last sharpie the other night (its been a slow process as every time i move locations i meet another person who really wants one... especially in india), so the marker writing is helping me get over drawing on the walls of southeast asia.

If you live in fairfield... i have treats coming :) wonka will be selling some of my bali selections and you should def go and check out the sale. Some really beautiful stuff will be there.
by the way if anyone is coming out here this summer let me know... i need someone to bring me a pair of jeans and some medium format film. you know... the important things in life. maybe a new york times too :)

No comments: