About Me

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

i have three freckles

so two days ago an eagle landed on my head. and then it flew away. i dont really know what else to say about that except that it was so funny me and the small child boy that i was walking with fell down laughing.

yesterday i got darshan in the morning from amma, and then got to watch a wedding and help with prasad and then left. i took a taxi to kochi instead of the train because some guy convinced me it would be cheaper if i shared with his friend. ummm.... i think i just paid for the guy. but at least i got free AC and arrived 4 hours earlier than i would have.

with those four hours i went to a hotel, recommended by friends made at amritapuri, but the taxi driver told me it was a very bad area... it was. but i enjoyed it. a different side of india than the small villages and beach towns ive been exploring. i went to a roof top bar where i found myself to be the only woman and only westerner and somehow got several free beers. bought some bangles, watched some men take shits on the street (nothing new... TENDERLOIN!), and got horribly lost in some fabric district but made friends with a female spice seller... bought some tea and she walked me home.
this morning i flew back to delhi... i start panchakarma tomorrow. my same friendly taxi driver from the last time i was here, was waiting to pick me up. but then someone pointed a gun at me. that wasnt really scary, because he was pointing it at everyone and no one seemed to mind. still it made we question what the fuck was going on... and then 6 cars of men with guns out the window rode by and my taxi followed them, and through the window i looked down the barrel for about 20 minutes. interesting.
now i am here... but like much of my indian experience... im not quite sure what is going on. ive gotten good at eating thalis with my right hand, and speaking with gestures. im still really bad at the indian head wobble, but im learning that no one is ever going to say no, regardless of whether they actually know the answer or have what im looking for. but still... here i am. got dropped off at the clinic, went to my room (which is a total upgrade from the last time i was here) and then started to try to find out what i was supposed to do. no one knew. then i asked when dinner was. no one knew. then i walked out and joined the throngs of indian children begging me for 1 rupee and pointing to their infected scabs and waited for a cow to finish eating lunch so traffic could move again.
i found an internet cafe and here i am. i think im going to get a chai. im totally addicted and theyre using some sort of paint thats making me feel high somewhere near by and i cant stand to smell it anymore. oh shit. i just realized thats delhi pollution. man... i forgot about it. but that reminds me that as i was flying here we got close and i looked out the window and most of the clouds were grey. one was orange, and one was close to black.

please, environmentalists.... move to india.

No comments: